Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Fia fia

Recount


WALT: recount a moment in time.
WALT: structure our writing into paragraphs.


Your task
Write about the moment you waited at the side of the stage ready to perform for Fia Fia and then your performance on the stage.

  • What did you do?
  • How did you feel?
  • What did you see while you waited at the side of the stage?
  • What did you see while you were on the stage?


PLANNING: You now have 5 minutes to add the key words to your plan.  Do not write any sentences in the boxes below.


Orientation (Introduction): How will you hook the reader?
Who?student at pt england school
What? Fia fia
Where?back field
When?last day of last term
BODY: Describe what happened.
Paragraph 2 (3-4 sentences)
What happened while you waited at the side of the stage, ready to go on? A lot of noise and clapping

How did you feel while you waited at the side of the stage? Shy and nervous  

What did you see and hear while you were on the stage? Shouting and clapping
Paragraph 3 (3-4 sentences)
What happened while you were on the stage? Shouting noises and a lot of smiles

How did you feel while you were on the stage? Nervous and I had butterflies

What did you see and hear while you were on the stage?I saw my dad and my brother with smiles
Paragraph 4 (3-4 sentences)
What happened once you had left the stage? Everyone started clapping and wait for the group

How did you feel after you had left the stage? Happy and proud

What did you see and hear after you left the stage? The prefect announcing the next group
Conclusion (Summary)
How did you feel after performing at Fia Fia? Proud and happy about my performance

Would you want to do it again? Yes it was so fun

Now that you have made a plan, it is time to write your recount in full sentences:
I went to the field sat down and I was shivering cold.We had to wait in the rain for a couple of minutes before we went on stage.when we got on stage it was so cool the feeling.I felt so proud and happy the everyone was clapping and smiling.It was so fun.The team after us was the tougen boys they were so cool but we had to go home because it was to cold.









I know I have been successful writing because my recount:
1
Has an orientation to tell who, what, when, where. yes

2
Recounts the experience in paragraphs in the order the events happened.yes

3
Shares my feelings about the experience at the end.yes

4
Is written using verbs in the past tense (I saw, I walked, I felt). yes

5
Has sentences with capital letters and full stops. yes



Finished?
  1. Get feedback from a buddy.
  2. Create a drawing/image or add a photo (Check the Media link on our site).
  3. Share your writing and image on your blog:
Title
Labels: 2018, Writing, Recount, Fia Fia 2018, Ako3

  1. Add the link to your blog to our class Blog Log.

No comments:

Post a Comment